Hi! Friends here is a very useful trick for you to hide / unmount the drive without any passwords.
This trick is to just hide the drive:
- Click Start -> Run type regedit in the box and click OK
- Navigate to:
- From the menu, navigate to Edit -> New -> DWORD Value
- Name the New Value NoDrives
- Next, Right click NoDrives and select Modify, now check the Decimal option and under Value Data enter a decimal value for the drive you would like to hide. For example to hide C you would enter 4. See the list below for more values:
- Click OK once finished and restart your PC to verify the drive letter is no longer displayed
Note: You can delete the key that was created to display the drive again.
Warning : This is not much secure as any one can open the drive if he / she knows the drive name. We can open it through run window or explorer by typing just the drive name (e.g. If G is hidden than also we can open it by typing G:)
Here is a trick to unmount the drive so that no one can use it.
Click on Continue Reading below for the trick to unmount.